Emergency contact number
Do`s and Don`ts after intra oral surgical procedures including tooth extraction:
- Take things easy for the rest of the day. Avoid heavy exertion.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking for at least 24 hours and ideally until healing is complete.
- Avoid hot drinks and hot food until normal sensation has returned to your mouthand lips to avoid burning.
- Avoid rinsing your mouth out for 24 hours after the operation and avoid spitting!
- After this time use gentle warm salt water mouthwashes 4 times a day after meals. (Dissolve half a teaspoon of salt in a tumbler of water)
- You may have given a special mouthwash, if so please follow the instructions on the label.
- You may have been given a course of antibiotics. If so finish the course unless you experience side effects.
- A clean mouth is essential for healing, follow the above and try to brush your teeth as normal being very gentle near the operation site.
- If you have had intravenous sedation you should not drive, operate machinery nor sign any legal documents for at least 24 hours and ideally for 48 hours.
Emergency contact number 07837 624650